EVENTSBourbon Classic 2016 will take place February 23 – 27. Bourbon Classic weekend events will take place at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, 501 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202.
Bourbon Classic Tickets on February 26-27 are available through the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. To purchase tickets, visit the Kentucky Center’s website or call 502-584-7777 or 800-775-7777.
Watch for announcements about exciting new events February 23rd-25th – Check back frequently!
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2016From the Barrel to the Bar:
Bourbon Classic Cocktail Challenge
“Mix things up” at this exciting exploration of what’s classic and contemporary in the world of bourbon cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
Teams of master bartenders will be matched with an acclaimed chef and Bourbon Classic sponsor distillery – and vie for the title of “perfect cocktail.” Meet the contestants and hear them discuss their creations … chat with the distillers and representatives about what makes the brands unique … and enjoy a tasting portion of each cocktail and small plate. A select panel of media personalities and industry experts will evaluate the cocktails individually and as pairings and select the winner.
- 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm - Classic Cocktails & Small Plates: Tasting & Competition Judging
- 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm - Contemporary Cocktails & Small Plates: Tasting & Competition Judging
- 10:00 p.m. – Awards Presentation
- 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Amber Lounge (VIP Ticket Holders Only)
- VIPs will enjoy exclusive access to the Amber Lounge, which features special bourbon tastings. Take advantage of one-on-one time with our sponsor brand distiller, Michter's. No better place to get “up close and personal” with the industry’s rock stars!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2016
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. – Bourbon Classic University: Session 1
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Bourbon Masters General Session
- Join hundreds of fellow enthusiasts as you meet Bourbon master distillers and brand representatives of our sponsoring brands. Enjoy the intimate setting as you hear the story of their personal journeys and the stories behind the development of some of bourbon’s most famous brands. This is a focused, one-on-one conversation designed to deliver unique insights into the product and the personalities.
- 5:45 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Bourbon Classic University: Session 2
- 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – Ultimate Bourbon Experience
- It’s time for a bourbon experience like no other! Savor bourbon tastings from our Bourbon Classic distillers, then meet the distiller representatives and discuss what makes their product unique. As you mingle, enjoy delicious dishes that have been specially selected to complement the bourbon tasting experience. You’ll also explore displays of bourbon-related products – the items that enhance the enjoyment of food and bourbon, or specialty foods that feature bourbon.
- 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. Amber Lounge (VIP Ticket Holders Only)
- VIPs will enjoy exclusive access to the Amber Lounge, which features special bourbon tastings. Take advantage of one-on-one time with our sponsor brand distiller Buffalo Trace. No better place to get “up close and personal” with the industry’s rock stars!